Christopher John Vallely
C/ Gonzalez Sola, 4, 2ºB
TELEPHONE: 91 314 2909
WEB SITE: www.arrakis.es/~chrisv/cjv
´O` Levels - 12
´A/O` Levels - 1, ´A` Levels - 5 (Geography, Economics, German,
Spanish and History)
Degree - M. A. With Honours in Geography from the University of
Teaching degree - P.G.C.E. from London University Institute of Education
Other - C.E.L.T.A. from The Cambridge University Local Examinations
Group (1998) Computer course in Office 97 (1999)
September 1998 the present Self-employed
- Giving a number of private English classes to children and adults
- Successfully completed the C.E.L.T.A. course for English language
- Successfully completed an introductory course in office computing.
September 1985 August 1998 Runnymede College, C/ Salvia,
- Head of Geography with responsibility for all developments within the
- Taught Geography up to and including ´A` Level.
- Introduced G.C.S.E., ´AS` Level and fieldwork into the department
- Integrated IT into the teaching of the subject, particularly for project
work and fieldwork.
- Oversaw the convergence of the schools syllabus with the demands of
the National Curriculum.
- Assisted those members of the department who had no experience teaching
- Co-directed a number of school plays including "Romeo and
Juliet", "A Man For All Seasons"
- Gave after-school football classes.
- Form teacher for all Years including VI-Form tutor.
January 1984 August 1985 Ernest Bevin School, Beechcroft
Rd., London, SW 17
- Member of a team of five Geography teachers in a large boys comprehensive
school in an inner-city area.
- Tutor and lecturer for a number of P.G.C.E. students in a pilot scheme to
produce a school-based course for teacher education.
- Taught Geography for all age groups and ability levels up to and
including ´A` Level.
September 1980 - December 1983 Robert Montefiore School, Vallance
Road, London, E1
- Head of Geography in a small inner-city school with a high proportion of
first generation immigrants (90%+)
- Adapted many materials and courses for those for whom English was not
their first language. Introduced fieldwork and course work as part of the ´CSE` exam
Summer 1988, Summer 1989, Summer 1991 and Autumn 1995 Schiller
University, Rodriguez San Pedro, Madrid
- Teacher of Graduate Program course PhySci251 (The Geography of Western
Europe) to University students at a Madrid city-centre campus.
- Fluent Spanish speaker and writer.
- Guitarist and singer.
- Reasonably computer literate.
- Solving and compiling crosswords.
- Erstwhile footballer!